ingredients
400g of butternut squash
half sweet potato
half red onion
a little piece of celery stalk
olive oil
cummin powder
veg stock cube
Chop the butternut squash in small cubes {do not peeled it}
Chop the onion, celery stalk and potato and transfer them into a casserole with generous amount of olive oil.
Saute the ingredients for about 5min and then add water enough to cover
Add the stock cube, normally I would use only half but i do like it with a thick consistency.
If you like it thinner then you can add more water but you might need to add the other half of stock cube.
Add a tiny bit of cummin powder (not much)
Let it boil slowly for about 20min covered.
Blend it and serve with croutons use a nice bread and fry it gently in a pan with a bit of olive oil till the bread is gold in colour.
You can spice it up by adding curry powder as much as you need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ooh i made this the night before last but forgot to take a photograph of it.
I doubled the ingredients because my butternut squash was a big one, I also had some corn on the cobs that needed using so i scrapped off all the kernals and added them in when i added all the stock.
I cooked it for about 25mins and then blended it, but the individual corn kernals hadn't cooked enough so the skins which wasn't so great.
Ii cooked it for another 30-45mins (i lost track of time) and then blended again and it was absolutely yummy.
I ended up eating it myself with my friend Lucy, i didn't even offer it to my girls, they would have probably turned their nose up anyway.
Highly recommeded.
Post a Comment