Saturday, 17 November 2007

Tuna Burgers - from Nadia Calipa

Tuna burgers 

You can make smaller tuna burgers in the same way as my Polpettone recipe below but without the filling, just subsititute a tinof tuna for the mince, and of course flatten them. I usually fry them. 

2 sliced bread soaked in milk (squeeze all the liquid out before using) 

herbs, onion and garlic and mustard 

tin tuna (best without oil) 

1 egg 

olives and capers if you like them

salt and pepper 

mix it all together and then squash them in to little burgers and fry them.

if you find that once y've mixed everything in it's still too sloppy to flatten and fry then add another slice of bread 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, hello
I have made the tuna burgers from Nadia. I did cook
half in the oven and I did fry the other half.
Very tasty! I had to use more bread about 4slices and
didn't have any olives and capers, but defenitly I'll
try them again.......yummy